EU Visitors & Friends

Hello to my European Visitors and Friends! Here is a friendly reminder:

European Union (EU) laws require [me, the blogger] to give EU visitors information about cookies used on [my] blog. In many cases, these laws also require [me] to obtain consent.

As a courtesy, [Google] ha[s] added a notice on [my] blog to help meet these regulations. The notice lets [you] know about Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies on [my] blog, including Google Analytics and AdSense cookies.

I appreciate your visits and support from afar and close by!

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Welcome!


Crocuses in Hyde Park London, England
Dandelions scatter the backyard as a little girl gathers them for a bouquet. She runs from patch to patch of yellow, giggling as the sun shines her blonde curls.

I was just like this little girl, often playing in the backyard of my parent's house. I was surrounded by vegetation of all sorts: apple trees, vegetable garden, raspberry bushes, grapevines, Forsythia bushes, Tulips, Daffodils (also known as Jonquils) and Blue Spruces.

This was my colorful childhood; which led me to being an environmental guru.

I went on to take a class in Environmental Science during high school and participating in "Rake up Boise" (an event my local town runs where schools, churches, and local residents rake up the leaves for elderly or families in their neighborhoods) and other service projects where we would clean up our neighborhoods or plant gardens for families in my church. When I could be outside in the dirt or admiring flowers or climbing trees I would be there.

Eventually this love of horticulture got me involved with my undergraduate learning. I joined the Horticulture program at Brigham Young University-Idaho (now known as Applied Plant Sciences) to increase my education and learn more about these amazing creations we were given.

I hope to always have plants around me and a garden where ever I live if means allow it. I want to incorporate my love of writing, horticulture and dance in my life--bringing it to my family, friends and future work.

I hope you will enjoy my posts and join me in online conversations. Enjoy the plants around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment